It is no longer good enough to not be a racist, whether it’s inside or outside of the workplace. In order to create a culture of diversity, equity, and belonging it will require the willingness to actively work against racism in all of its forms. The highly-engaging Becoming Anti-Racist keynote provides the audience with the key tools, strategies, and information necessary to engage in this important work, while also ensuring that the commitment to this work remains long after the keynote ends.
This keynote is ideal for individual contributors, leaders, and teams who are:
- Ready to create an anti-racist workplace, but don’t know where to begin.
- Concerned about the current civil unrest and it’s impact on BIPOC’s (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) mental health and productivity.
- Unaware of how to effectively engage in difficult conversations with colleagues and others about race and inequity.
The audience will leave with:
- The discovery of the history of systemic racism and its impact on the modern-day workplace.
- Strategies to recognize bias, prejudice, and/or microaggressions in the workplace, and how to address it immediately.
- The education and the inspiration to stay committed to the ongoing work of anti-racism.
Shola Richards is the CEO and Founder of Go Together Global, the best-selling author of Making Work Work and Go Together, and he is a positivity writer with a passionate worldwide following. His articles and wildly-popular “Go Together Movement” email series have been read by readers in over 160 countries, and his work has been featured on the Today Show, CBS This Morning, Forbes, Black Enterprise, Complete Wellbeing India, Business Inside Australia, and in numerous other outlets all over the world who recognize him as an authority on workplace happiness and engagement.
As a speaker, Shola has shared his transformative message with leading healthcare organizations, top universities, Silicon Valley, the motion picture industry, on the TEDx stage, and in his greatest honor to date, as a keynote speaker for the Department of Homeland Security three days before the 15th Anniversary of 9/11, under the Obama Administration.
Last, but certainly not least, Shola is a father, husband, identical twin, and a self-professed “kindness extremist” who will not rest until bullying and incivility is extinct from the American workplace.