- This event has passed.
PLAN Webinar: How to Write for the Library Press (and Make Editors Love You) with Kathy Dempsey
August 28, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Do you long to write something for a professional publication? Are you eager to contribute to the library literature? If you have your content idea but don’t know how to pitch it or where to start, this webinar will guide you.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this webinar:
- How to approach an editor with an idea
- What editors look for, expect, and respect
- How to write solid proposals for articles and books
- How proposals are evaluated and chosen
- What to expect from the publishing process
- The difference between writing for print and for online
- The pitfalls of group authorship
- Dos and don’ts for working with the library press
Please note: This session is not geared toward academic papers. If you want to publish in peer-reviewed journals, many of these tips will still benefit you, but that process is different and will not be specifically addressed during this webinar.
Kathy Dempsey wrote the popular tome The Accidental Library Marketer and founded her own marketing consultancy, Libraries Are Essential. Her work is dedicated to helping librarians and information professionals promote their value and expertise in order to gain respect and funding. Kathy has been the editor of Marketing Library Services newsletter for 23 years, and was formerly editor-in-chief of Computers in Libraries magazine. She also blogs at The ‘M’ Word. She’s an active member of the New Jersey Library Association, and Chair of the Library Marketing and Communications Conference.