Thursday, February 17, 2011, from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST
Registration is not required. More information and access information available online. The link to this program will be available at 2:30 p.m. on February 17, 2011.
- Has your library recently added ebooks, podcasts, or other new electronic resources?
- Are you planning a renovation? Just finished one?
- Working to redesign your library website?
- Is that marmoset really a legally designated service animal?
Some of the newly revised American with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations take effect on March 14, 2011, and more are in the works. Libraries face new challenges and requirements for meeting both the spirit and letter of the law.
At the end of this webinar, attendees will understand the new ADA:
- accommodation requirements for libraries for users with disabilities
- federal regulations that redefine “service animals”
- standards for electronic resources, including websites
- accessible building design
- grievance procedures
An overview of the ADA Best Practices Tool Kit for State and Local Government will also be presented.
This one-hour webinar will be of interest to library staff involved with accessibility issues, involved in building renovation projects, or working with special needs library users.
Speaker: Mary Minow