Wednesday, October 24, 2012
10AM PT, San Francisco
6pm – London | 1pm – New York | Thu, Oct 25th at 4am – Sydney | Thu, Oct 25th at 2am – Tokyo | Thu, Oct 25th at 1am – Beijing | 10:30pm – Mumbai
Presented by: Stephan Spencer
Duration: Approximately 60 minutes.
Do you use Google every day? Mastering Google’s powerful search refinement operators and lesser known features could, over a year’s time, save you days scouring over irrelevant results. Even more enticing is the promise of elusive nuggets of market research and competitive intelligence out there waiting to be discovered — IF you know how to wield Google.
Neurologists estimate that we humans use a mere 1% of our mental capacity. Similarly, the majority of our search queries are surprisingly unsophisticated and thus the true power of the Google search engine, for most of us, remains untapped.
Learn how you too can become an expert Google searcher and extract invaluable data about your competitors and about the market like never before — with laser-like accuracy and extreme efficiency.
You will learn:
- How to cut through the clutter with Boolean logic, exact phrase matching, wildcards, and search operators like filetype, intitle, site, and “daterange”
- How to cast a wider net by expanding your search to include synonyms with the ~ (tilde) operator.
- How to conduct specialized searches using Google’s many search sites like Google News, Google Groups, and Google Blog Search.
- How to obtain real, confidential business plans and marketing plans
- How to invoke the Google search box as a phonebook, a calculator, a measurement converter, a dictionary, a package tracker, an airline timetable, a street map atlas, and a stock ticker.
About Stephan Spencer
Stephan Spencer is author of Google Power Search and co-author of The Art of SEO. Stephan founded Netconcepts in 1995 as an interactive agency; and over time it morphed into an SEO firm. Netconcepts was acquired by Covario in January 2010. Stephan left in September 2010 to start several new ventures. He is the inventor of GravityStream, a pay-for-performance SEO technology now rebranded as Covario’s Organic Search Optimizer. He is a highly sought after conference speaker on SEO and other online marketing topics for the DMA, AMA, Shop.org, Internet Retailer, SMX, SES, O’Reilly/TechWeb (Web 2.0 Expo), PubCon, Affiliate Summit, ECMOD, IQPC, and IIR, among others. His hundreds of speaking gigs have taken him around the globe – everywhere from Berlin, London, Toronto, Santiago, and Auckland, to New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and places in between. Stephan lived in New Zealand for nearly 8 years, where he built a production office a block from the beach. He returned to the US in 2007. Stephan writes for Search Engine Land, Multichannel Merchant, Practical Ecommerce, and MarketingProfs, among others. He has a Masters in Biochemistry, which he uses every day (not!).
Questions? Please send email to email@example.com