Tuesday, February 8, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon, NEFLIN in Orange Park
What is CONTENTdm? OCLC’s CONTENTdm Digital Collection Management Software can make everything in digital collections available to everyone, everywhere. No matter the format—local history archives, maps, newspapers, slide libraries or audio/video, CONTENTdm can handle the storage, management and delivery of digital collections to library users across the Web. CONTENTdm is included in the State Library of Florida’s group subscription to the FirstSearch® Base Package. This means that all libraries in Florida can request access to CONTENTdm® for digital collection building at no additional charge.
If your library has a small digital collection or you are planning a digitization project, CONTENTdm “quick start” may be just what you need to jump start your digital library. This entry-level, hosted version of CONTENTdm will support your efforts to increase access to the digital content your library provides. Many libraries use it to help promote and gain support for their new digital collection program. Attend this half-day seminar to learn more about OCLC’s CONTENTdm and get introductory training on adding digital items and metadata to CONTENTdm. In the workshop,
- See and discuss CONTENTdm successes by Florida and other users
- The workshop handout will enable you to go back to your library and ( 1) Signup for your own institutions’ activation, (2) create your first digital special collection.
- Set up the very basics of the CONTENTdm Administrative services to start a ‘quick start’ project
- Use of the CONTENTdm web form to create your CONTENTdm digital resources and catalog them
- Focus of this seminar will be using digital images
- Learn how to search and use your digital resources, and thus promote them to your constituents.
All Florida libraries are eligible to receive:
- the CONTENTdm software hosted by OCLC,
- three downloadable Project Clients for building your digital collections, and
- 10GB of storage for up to 3,000 digital items
Please bring a USB flash drive with 5-10 TIFF or JPEG images.
Trainer: Ron Gardner, OCLC, CONTENTdm Specialist
FREE for all
REGISTER WITH NEFLIN