This two-part online class will be held on December 13 and 20 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm. Students must attend both sessions.
Screencasting is video screen capturing that can include audio narration and other functions. Since many people are visual learners, screencasts are powerful tools to help demonstrate, via video, more complex tasks.
During the first week, you will learn to:
- Install Jing
- Navigate Jing’s Features
- Setup Jing for your first video screencast
- Create a Screencast.com account
Between classes, attendees will each be asked to work on a project useful to them – or one suggested in class. One-on-one assistance with the instructor will be provided during this time.
During the second class, you will:
- Share your screencasts with the group
- Offer useful criticism and discuss any issues you had while creating a screencast
- Learn more advanced Jing functions like adding interactions
- Discover other screencasting tools like Screen-cast-o-matic.
Note: Attendees are required to have either Jing already installed or to have administrator rights on their computer so that they can install the application.
Presented by: Chad Mairn, Novare Library Services
Registration deadline: 12/06/2012
Staff from Florida libraries may register for this workshop at no charge. Priority will be given to SEFLIN members. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list and added as space permits after the registration deadline.