This two-part online class will be held on June 5 and 12, 2013 from 2:00 – 3:00 pm. Students must attend both sessions.
The eBook format gives everybody the opportunity to become their own publisher. With this two-part class, we will go from creation to final product – providing participants with the options libraries and local authors will have to publish their own work.
The classes will focus on:
- The growing trends in publishing and the movement toward self-publishing
- Understanding formats and DRM issues
- Creating covers and cover art
- Frequent issues and the fixes
- How to use Kindle Publishing and Calibre to create your ebook
- Options authors and libraries have for distributing and selling their ebook
Between classes, participants will be asked to work on creating their ebook from personally created content and/or open source information.
Presented by: Diana Silveira, Novare Library Services
Registration deadline: 5/31/2013
Staff from Florida libraries may register for this workshop at no charge. Priority will be given to SEFLIN members. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list and added as space permits after the registration deadline.