Thursday, September 22, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm at NEFLIN in Orange Park
This informal workshop with lively discussion is focused on emerging trends in technology that will affect libraries and librarians. Many topics will be discussed, including:
- An intro to current and near future Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 technologies
- New hardware, software, and privacy products to consider for your library
- Product demonstrations and technology purchasing tips that will save money
- Important computer and network security news, protect your organization and patrons from miscreants
- Network products that will enhance performance and security, and lower operating costs.
- Public access computer products and services that you need to know about.
- Discussion of upcoming changes in software and operating systems that will strongly affect the way we use computers
- Product demonstrations and promotional/informational materials will be available to attendees
If you want to be on the cutting edge of library information technology, or if you are a Director or supervisor involved in IT spending, then this workshop will provide you with the information you need to make good decisions.
Trainer: Mickey Boyd, MRBCNC