- This event has passed.
PLAN FLA Mini Conference
September 9, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The PLAN FLA Mini Conference will be on Friday, September 9, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Register below and join us at Gulf Coast State College in Panama City.
Our keynote speaker will be Jeff Julian, the director of the American Library Association’s Public Awareness Office. Jeff will provide attendees with information and training about ways to incorporate Libraries Transform messaging into their regular communication channels and leverage the campaign in advocacy activities, such as legislative day.
Breakout sessions will include:
- Why Not Gif to Students? Using Pop Culture and Graphic Image Files to Explain the Research Process (Jasmine Spitler, Florida State University)
- Servant Leadership for Top Performing Libraries (Ava Barrett, Hendry County Cooperative Library System)
- Outreach Across the Ages: Developing Programs and Partnerships for Adults from 18 to 80 (Maria Atilano, University of North Florida; Kayla Kuni, New Port Richey Public Library)
- Slimming Down: Why Not Feed Your Need to Weed? (Valerie Boulos, Florida International University; Alicia Long, State College of Florida; Ying Zhang, University of Central Florida)
- Practical Strategies for Library Advocates Using Social Networks (Laura Spears, University of Florida)
- Early Literacy (Olivia Wilson, Dunedin Public Library)
We’ll end the day with roundtable discussions where we can share ideas with each other.
Continental breakfast and lunch provided courtesy of our sponsor.