- This event has passed.
SEFLIN Boot Camp: Teen Services Essentials (Face-to-Face)
May 8, 2015 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Explore the ever-changing world of teen services! Learn useful tips and techniques for working with young adults that support YALSA’s “Teens Deserve the Best” requirements for libraries. Discussion will focus on best practices for interacting with teens, working with teens in volunteer programs and Teen Advisory Boards (TABs), connecting with your local schools, and Readers Advisory strategies.
- Attendees will become familiar with YALSA’s Competencies for Youth Librarians.
- Attendees will be able to understand the developmental needs of teens and how library staff can best support them.
- Attendees will be able to create inexpensive programs that are developmentally appropriate for teens and tweens.
- Attendees will learn basic readers advisory skills.
- Attendees will learn skills to become powerful advocates for teen and youth services.
Presenter: Artistic Literacy