Date: Thursday, October 4, 2012
Start Time: 10:00 am End Time: 11:00 am
(Time Zone: US/Eastern)
Category: Product Training
Gale Virtual Reference Libraryis a database of electronic encyclopedias and specialized reference sources, also known as eBooks, for multidisciplinary research. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely 24/7. Because each library creates its own eBook collection, the content you see may vary if you use the database at different libraries (your school, your public library, or your office).
This web-based training event will provide participants with an in-depth overview of the Gale Virtual Reference Library platform.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the general content available in the database
- Construct and employ efficient search strategies for information retrieval
- Use results lists to examine different types of documents
- Examine navigational and search features of the user interface
- Search for, identify, and manage documents found within the database
- Differentiate between basic and advanced search modes
- Recognize how to use bookmarks and marked items as a way to manage and organize information found within the database
- Understand how to cross-search the eBooks with other databases in the libraries collectionThis web-based training event will provide participants with an in-depth overview of the Gale Virtual Reference Library platform.
Contact: Andrea Devlin