This webinar will provide information about plans to provide library staff with online resources to respond to increased patron information needs related to the Affordable Care Act.
For many Americans, libraries are the “go to” places for consumer health information. Open enrollment for the new Health Insurance Marketplace begins on October 1 and libraries will likely see local demand for information. IMLS is working together with the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare and with WebJunction and ZeroDivide to provide library staff with the online resources and community contacts they will need to respond to questions about the Marketplace. Please join us to learn more about how your library can increase awareness and involvement around these needs.
This webinar will present the same information that was covered during a session at the American Library Association annual conference in June. The session will be archived for future viewing if you are unable to attend the live session.
- Jackie Garner, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Susan Hildreth, Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Ruth Holst, National Network of Library of Medicine, Greater Midwest Regional Medical Library
- Kendra Morgan, WebJunction
Start time: 12:00 Eastern / 9:00 Pacific
Archive viewing options:
- View full Archive (combined archive of audio, chat, and slides) Coming Soon
- View slides (pdf) Coming Soon
- View chat (xls) Coming Soon
- WebJunction’s eHealth section