This webinar will cover how to create, administer, moderate, and leverage your library’s online presence using popular social media tools.
Over half of the world’s 2 billion internet users interact with social media tools to create, share, and exchange information and ideas while online. Libraries are using these tools to market programs and services, and to connect and engage with their communities beyond the library walls. Join us as we explore Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest as examples of tools that are being used successful by libraries. The webinar will cover how to create, administer, moderate, and leverage your library’s online presence. Some basic security settings for each social media tool will be discussed as well.
WebJunction webinars are live audiovisual programs that are conducted online via WebEx web conferencing. Anyone who has an Internet connection and access to a telephone or VoIP connection can participate. These free events allow you to meet and learn from library leaders and fellow library practitioners.
Follow the link below to join the event at its specified time. If you haven’t done so, “Register” for the event preferably 10-15 minutes before the start time in order to ensure a successful log-in.
Presented by: Dr. Roberto Gallardo, project director, Extension Broadband Education and Adoption Team (e-BEAT) in Mississippi
Start time: 2:00 Eastern / 11:00 Pacific
Tweet: #wjwebinar with @MSUeBEAT
Archive viewing options:
- View full Archive (combined archive of audio, chat, and slides) Coming Soon
- View slides (pdf) Coming Soon
- View chat (xls) Coming Soon
- Learner Guide for this webinar
- To manage across social media tools, blisscontrol.com
- How to link Twitter and Facebook: http://support.twitter.com/articles/31113-how-to-use-twitter-with-facebook
- How to install the Pin It Button: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUVdaX79iuc
- Library examples on Pinterest: