Relationship management is critical in creating great customer service experiences. Enhance your ability to positively Influence co-workers and achieve effective outcomes through the cooperation of others. Gain confidence and competency in managing challenging behaviors by applying verbal and non verbal strategies in your workplace.
- Identify and understand the motivation and approach of four communication styles in regard to people, tasks, time, pace, change and conflict as well as the strengths and “needs work” areas to enhance workability with others
- Identify how styles behaviors show up under pressure and can cause friction
- Target specific interpersonal behaviors to align with different styles, increase the chances of being ‘heard’/understood and strengthen cooperation/team.
- Command through 6 Seconds to Sanity tips on managing ‘emotional triggers’ and self regulation responses
- Manage challenging internal/external customers: Ivan Irate, Paula Passive-Aggressive, Gayle Gossiper, Talkative Tess and Chris Complainer
- Use eight communication strategies to manage challenging customer situations
Staff from Florida libraries may register for this workshop at no charge. Priority will be given to SEFLIN members. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list and added as space permits after the registration deadline.