The Mastering Online Facilitation Series is designed to improve your skills when leading online meetings, webinars, and events. These classes are for those with some experience using online meeting technology, but wanting to create an online meeting experience where attendees are actively engaged and learning is the focus.
Keeping Live Sessions Lively
Topics to be covered:
- Creating an environment conducive to great facilitation
- Engagement: facilitation vs. lecturing
- Improvisation that meets participants’ needs
- Back-up plans: when technology lets us down
- Next steps
Participants will be able to:
- Explain what successful facilitators do to create a welcoming online environment for meetings and webinars;
- Cite three techniques used to foster engagement in online meetings and webinars;
- Demonstrate familiarity with at least three ways to recover from tech failures during online meetings and webinars, and;
- Have at least two ideas they will immediately apply to their own online meetings and webinars.
Presented by: Paul Signorelli
Registration deadline: 8/13/2014
Staff from Florida libraries may register for this workshop at no charge. Priority will be given to SEFLIN members. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list and added as space permits after the registration deadline.