Are you a public librarian looking for more ideas for this summer? Are you a media specialist or teacher looking for ways to add hands-on learning to your lesson plans?
This creative workshop will take you step-by-step through several program scenarios including:
- Origami for story time programs
- Origami in craft programs
- School aged programs perfect for summer programming
- Classroom outreach programs
- Origami in mathematics instruction
- Paper airplane science programs
This class will provide you with everything you need to know to set up your own programs, including tips for age appropriateness and classroom setup, materials lists, related books and media connections, and origami diagrams for each program type.
Trainers: Amber Holley, Jacksonville Public Library; Jennifer Parker, Clay County Public Library; and Elizabeth McConney, Origami Instructor