An informal workshop with lively discussion, focused on emerging trends in technology that will affect libraries and librarians. Many topics will be discussed, including:
- An intro to near-future technologies that will impact your library
- New hardware, software, and privacy products to consider for your library
- Technology purchasing tips that will save your organization money
- Important computer and network security news to protect your organization and patrons from miscreants
- Network products that will enhance performance and security, and lower operating costs
- Public access computer products and services that you need to know about
- Upcoming changes in software and operating systems that will strongly affect the way we use computers
Product demonstrations and promotional/informational materials will be available to attendees.
If you want to be on the cutting edge of library information technology, or if you are a Director or supervisor involved in IT spending, then this workshop will provide you with the information you need to make excellent, forward-looking decisions.
Trainer: Mickey R. Boyd, Mickey R. Boyd Computer and Network Consulting
NEFLIN classes are open to library staff in Florida only.
Cost: NEFLIN classes are free of charge for Florida library staff. Registration is required for all classes and NEFLIN members get priority.
Cancellation Deadline is 9 am on Monday, April 28.
Otherwise, no show fees may apply. See all NEFLIN CE policies at http://www.neflin.org/cepolicies.