IMPORTANT: This is a 2-part webinar that meets Monday, June 23 AND Thursday, June 26 from 11:00 am – 12:00 noon ET. You must attend both sessions.
During this two part course, you will learn the ins and outs of Windows 8. Windows 8 is extremely different than previous versions of Microsoft’s popular Operating System.
We will explore:
- Tour Windows 8.1
- Explore the new metro start screen
- How to find resources formerly within your Start menu
- How to manage files, folders and your desktop
- Learn all about Apps
- Utilizing Microsoft programs/apps like OneDrive
- Learn about User Accounts, Parental Controls and Security Settings
- Discuss the pros, cons and upcoming features of the controversial Operating System
Between courses, attendees will be given a project to help them further explore Windows 8.
Trainer: Diana Silveira, Novare Library Services
This is an online class. Access information will be emailed one week ahead.
Cost: NEFLIN classes are free of charge for Florida library staff. Registration is required for all classes and NEFLIN members get priority.
Cancellation Deadline is 9 am on Thursday, June 19.
Otherwise, no show fees may apply. See all NEFLIN CE policies at http://www.neflin.org/cepolicies.