Wednesday, 18 July 2012
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM (Eastern)
Some nonprofit organizations experience frequent conflict. The characters and plot-lines may change, but the persistence of some kind of drama is constant. In this webinar, we will take a realistic and practical look at how an organization’s leaders can promote a culture of constructive conflict resolution. We will consider the key leadership challenges of: recognizing patterns; assessing causes of organizational conflict; interrupting negative cycles; coping with fear in the workplace; and fostering a climate of respect and dialogue. This Nonprofit Webinars session will offer real-life case studies; tips and tools; and resources for further learning. Takeaways will include:
- Why defining conflict primarily as a problem of “personality” or “communication” isn’t effective in the long-run.
- A necessary first step for leadership: take a systems view.
- Strategies for leaders to build a culture of constructive problem solving.
- Ideas for promoting change, whatever your role in the organization.
- Practical tips, tools, and resources.