Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Start Time: Pacific – 12 PM, Mountain – 1 PM, Central – 2 PM, Eastern – 3 PM
Please note: we have changed hosting services fromWebEx to Adobe Connect, so we advise you to test your browser before the webinar: http://intesolv.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. For more webinar tips, see: http://infopeople.org/webinar/tips
Presenter: : Kate Marek
Are you looking for a better way to communicate with your staff, colleagues, and funders?
We frequently work so hard at being professional that we forget about the power of personal communication that comes from sharing our own stories and the stories of others. Organizational Storytelling for Librarians takes a growing trend in the business world and applies it to library staff in all kinds of information agencies.
This webinar will cover the basics of organizational storytelling and will give examples of its uses in communicating vision, managing change, and creating community. Special guest Waynn Pearson, former City Librarian of the Cerritos (CA) Library, will talk about telling stories through architecture as he describes the narratives embedded in the Cerritos Library building dedicated in 2002.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand organizational storytelling as an effective communication tool for leadership, based on the concept as used in business settings and as applied to libraries.
- Understand the potential of one’s own personal and professional stories to better communicate as a leader
- Identify a variety of specific uses of organizational storytelling, including communicating vision and values, building community, navigating change, advocating for libraries, and telling stories through library buildings.
- Access additional relevant resources.
This webinar will be of interest to library staff in all kinds of organizations and at all levels of their organization who are interested in improving their leadership skills through better personal communication and telling their library’s stories.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the Adobe Connect server. No passwords are required.
Do you require an accommodation for an Infopeople webinar? For this service, please complete and submit a request form at least 72 hours before the webinar: Request Form
- Webinar Tips
- Test your browser for compatibility