Wednesday, June 22, 2011, from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT
Registration is not required. More information and access information is available online. The link to this program will be available at 2:30 on June 22, 2011.
- Are you feeling overwhelmed? Is having to do more with less making you tired? Grumpy?
- Are you concerned about your staff’s ability to handle more and more work without relief?
- Are you worried that your staff are becoming more critical, less flexible, and unhappier?
- Would you like to know how to keep your staff from getting to the breaking point?
Work is stressful, and getting more so every day. Library managers and staff need to be aware of the difference between stress and burnout, which is actually unhealthy and dangerous. There are ways to prevent burnout, including making changes in the work environment as well as self care. Learn how to recognize the symptoms of burnout and what to do about it
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- understand the difference between burnout and stress.
- identify the symptoms of burnout.
- identify factors in the work environment that may lead to burnout.
- design jobs to reduce burnout.
- name the strategies to help self and other recover from burnout.
This webinar will be of interest to anyone who wants to keep themselves and their staff from burning out.