This live online workshop will show you how to get content such as new books lists, recommended readings, and online course materials to your library users in the most convenient form while minimizing website updates and maintenance.
- Recognize the various forms of internet feeds
- Subscribe to a feed using a feed aggregator
- Create an RSS feed using freely available XML editing software
- Incorporate a blog feed into a web page
- List a number of uses for feeds in the library
In order to offer the best possible learning experience, you will be required to participate in a number of hands-on activities. These activities may require you to do the following:
1. download software to your PC – you must have administrative rights on your PC to do this
2. access your e-mail account from the same PC on which you are attending the session
Presented by: Jennifer Bielewski, Lyrasis
Registration deadline: 05/07/2012
Staff from Florida libraries may register for this workshop at no charge. Priority will be given to SEFLIN members. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list and added as space permits after the registration deadline.