Join us as we explore what education innovators are doing to increase engagement through learner-centered discovery, flipped classrooms, and enhanced online learning.
As a leader in online learning for ten years, WebJunction has watched the practice evolve from the earliest webinars to the latest in social media tools. We know it has enriched lifelong learning opportunities, yet we also know the possibilities are still expanding. Join us as we explore what education innovators are doing to increase engagement through learner-centered discovery, flipped classrooms, and enhanced online learning. Let’s learn from each other in this interactive webinar. Help us map a future for elearning so WebJunction can better support your lifelong learning journey.
Presented by: Betha Gutsche, WebJunction Program Manager, and Joann Flick, MS Ed., Continuing Education Coordinator, Montana State Library.
Start time: 1:00 Eastern / 10:00 Pacific [Note earlier start time]
Archive viewing options:
- View full Archive (combined archive of audio, chat, and slides) Coming Soon
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls) Coming Soon
- Learner Guide
- Hodgins, W. (2004). The next big thing is getting small (report on presentation at the October 2003 AECT Convention, Anaheim, CA). Tech Trends. Volume 48, Number 1.
- Hodgins, W. Snowflaked Mashups: Future of Learning Content http://www.slideshare.net/WayneH/
- Jonassen David H. & Land, Susan (1999). Theoretical foundations of learning environments. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- M. David Merrill (2002) First principles of instruction. https://www.indiana.edu/~tedfrick/aect2002/firstprinciplesbymerrill.pdf
- National Research Council (2000). How People Learn; Brain, mind, experience and school. Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press.
- Wiley, David A., Ed. (2002). The instructional use of learning objects. Bloomington, IN: Agency for Instructional Technology and Association for Education Communications and Technology.
- Daniel Pink on Motivation: http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation.html
- Dr. John Medina’s Brain Rules: http://brainrules.net/
- Flipped classroom: http://www.thedailyriff.com/articles/how-the-flipped-classroom-is-radically-transforming-learning-536.php
- Self-Directed Achievement webinar: http://www.webjunction.org/events/webjunction/Self_Directed_Achievement.html
- Games, Learning and new media: http://www.thedailydogooder.com/2013/02/09/games-learning-and-new-media/
- DragonBox Algebra game ($$): http://dragonboxapp.com/
- Choose your own adventure children’s books: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2011/02/choose_your_own_adventure.html
- Mozilla’s Open Badges project: http://openbadges.org/en-US/
- February WebJunction feature by Betha, Running the River of Lifelong Learning