Trends in Library Training and Learning: Developing Staff Skills for the 21st Century
An Online Conference Sponsored by WebJunction and the American Library Association Learning Round Table
August 10-11, 2011, from 11:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT
WebJunction’s third online conference is coming. Session presenters will provide practical solutions for libraries looking to implement both staff and patron training using innovative learning techniques that include formal, informal, online and face to face methods. Topics will be particularly relevant to public libraries, but all library staff are welcome and encouraged to attend. Browse the conference program, consider attending the conference with others in your library or region as an online conference cohort, and register now for this FREE two-day event!
Great reasons to attend, with new topics, presenters, and more!
- It’s free!
- Attend only those sessions that fit your schedule.
- Rather than having to dig through an epic conference program, you can focus your conference agenda to meet your immediate learning needs around targeted topics.
- Since the conference is free and hosted on the web, you’ll save on travel time, travel budget, time away from library, backup staffing, time away from family… and you don’t need to beef up your wardrobe!
- You get to break the isolation silo, connect with others facing the same challenges, and share solutions.
- If you are in charge of staff training, you can use the conference as part of your training efforts. Provide staff with an opportunity to attend in some way, to expose them to online learning, new topics and new skills to share with their colleagues. See Online Conference Viewing Party Guide.
- WebJunction.org will collect conference material in one easy-to-use online space including presenter’s slides, handouts and archived recordings of each session.
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) or Library Education Unit (LEU) credits will be made available to conference attendees.
Additional questions? Please contact email@example.com.