Tuesday, March 8, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, Millhopper Library, Gainesville
Developing programs for children that are caught between childhood and the teen years can be challenging. Tweeners are kids, but they are getting older and they can be an enigmatic mix of enthusiasm, unresponsive indifference and hormonal overload. The blueprint for a successful tween program begins with a great idea. This workshop will be ALL about ideas. We will explore programs in a variety of different subject areas and will have an opportunity to try some of those ideas hands on. We’ll cover:
- What is a tween?
- How to structure your program?
- Program Ideas by Subject (Art Programs, Lit-Based Programs, Music Based Programs, Personal Development Programs, Research Based Programs, Tech Programs, Trendy Programs, Youth Culture Programs)
- Idea Brainstorming (Ideas/Theme Roundtable – Apply Pre-Workshop Assignment)
- Sample Year Plan
- Hands-On Practice and Group Exercise
- Tips to Sell Your Program
- Extras and Resources
REGISTER WITH NEFLIN