Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Start Time: Pacific – 12 PM, Mountain – 1 PM, Central – 2 PM, Eastern – 3 PM
Presenter: : Penny Peck
Is conducting storytime the favorite part of your job – but also the task in which you feel “burned out?” If so, this webinar will give you ideas to refresh your storytimes with new books to engage your audience. Whether you are relatively new or a longtime storytime presenter, everyone will take away storytime plans, booklists, and resources to revitalize this essential library program.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will know about:
- New books that contain a participation, cumulative, circular, creative dramatic, dialogic reading, or concept element
- New books that enhance preliteracy skills of print motivation and awareness, phonological awareness, vocabulary, narrative skills, and letter knowledge
- Websites and other resources for storytime planning, songs, fingerplays, and other storytime essentials
- Use of toys and play in storytime
- Arranging picture books by topic to increase parent use of the library
This webinar will be of interest to staff at public or school libraries who conduct storytimes for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, or daycare or Kindergarten groups.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Join Webinar button now or go directly to the webinar by clicking on Join Webinar on the day of the event on the Adobe Connect server. If you pre-registered you can use your email address and password you created to speed up entry to the webinar. If you did not preregister and you login with in 30 minutes of the event you can enter as a guest without a password.
This webinar will be presented with Closed Captioning. On the day of the webinar you can see the closed captioning in the Adobe Connect caption pod.