This two-part online class will be held on March 14 and 21, 2013 from 1:00 – 2:00 pm. Students must attend both sessions.
According to Forbes Magazine, “WordPress powers one of every 6 websites on the Internet, nearly 60 million in all, with 100,000 more popping up each day” (http://goo.gl/49F1U). This powerful Content Management System (CMS) allows users with little technical skill to set-up, design and manage websites.
During the course, attendees will:
- Tour the back-end of a WordPress Site
- Learn how to do basic editing, including adding/editing media and adding and deleting pages
- Adding Plugins and Widgets – and explore the “essential” plugins for any site
- Explore the administrative abilities of WordPress
- Customize your dashboard
- Install and manage themes
- Customize menus and more
- Add, edit and manage users
Between classes, attendees will each be asked to work on a web project useful to them or work within a practice WordPress site created for the class. One-on-one assistance with the instructor will be provided during this time.
This class will be delivered online. Log-in information will be emailed approximately one week before the course.
Presented by: Diana Silveira, Novare Library Services
Registration deadline: 03/07/2013
Staff from Florida libraries may register for this workshop at no charge. Priority will be given to SEFLIN members. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list and added as space permits after the registration deadline.