Also available on
- Wednesday, October 5, 2011, from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT
- Wednesday, November 9, 2011, from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT
This course reviews benefits for libraries of accurate WorldCat holdings, and provides information on the available methods for maintaining holdings. After completing this web-based training, managers of cataloging and technical services functions will be prepared to select and implement the holdings maintenance methods that are most appropriate for their library.
Suggested prior training or experience
Recommended reading before course: What is OCLC?
This course is intended primarily for managers of cataloging and technical services functions in OCLC member libraries. Other audiences include:
- Senior library management,
- managers of units other than technical services,
- line staff who perform holdings maintenance functions,
- managers and staff at libraries implementing WorldCat Local, WorldCat Navigator, or any other holdings dependent service.